Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the Final Task

1/17 Hello I am Brianna and I am a student at Fort Lauderdale High school. I'm in the AICE program so I decided AICE Media Studies would be an interesting class to take. So far in this class we have done two films/video projects. I have learned a lot since the beginning of the school year. I am hoping to have a great score for this upcoming Cambridge project. I am excited to be getting to work to complete this task. This will probably not be the easiest project but I am determined to try my best on it. From filming to editing. I will be working with a partner for this next project and I am sure we will strive because we listen to each others ideas and details. I will only have one person working with me but that is okay because we are both diligent workers.
       Throughout the school year I have learned new and unique lessons that involve film making and how it gets distributed to audiences. I have learned other things like camera angles, shots, and movements, and editing all of this will be applied to our approaching project. I have progressed in my video taking and editing skills, I find this class fun because students get to show their creative side. Our teachers have taught us on the film making process which makes it easier for me to understand how films get out to viewers. I personally think I am good at editing and figuring out which edits match the theme or vibe of a film. I like to thing of myself as creative, with the help and tutorials of my teachers my understanding of editing has grown greatly. I am also good at thinking of ideas before creating something. For example, I enjoy story boards because they help with the filming process along the way. I enjoy this class and hopefully I improve on creating good camera angles and movements. The notes I take are very helpful for me to do good on our projects because our teachers tell us what we need to contain and I take all their advice and apply the knowledge.
      At this moment me and my teammate are discussing on our pitches for our project. A pitch is an idea where a film is encapsulated in about 25 words. Our first pitch was an idea of my group member being a secret spy and I being his friend that didn't know, I was taken and he was determined to find me. Our next pitch is my group mate and I are spy's and we go on secret missions and in the end we are forced to take each other out because our boss assigned us to kill one another. We most likely wanted to create a film which contained more adventure and suspense than any other genre. Our final pitch was a more of emotional idea. We decided for our last one to be, two best friends who are having great lives and suddenly one of them pick up a terrible illness/disease, once they find out they decide to live life to the fullest not knowing when will be the last day. We are now going over which two pitches are the best. In our next assignment we will chose two of the best ones. Here is my teammate working on pitches.






No comments:

Post a Comment