Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming Day

     10/24 Today we finally were allowed to film. We have one day left to film and edit, 
we already finished recording the footage for our commercial. We made sure to make 
sure we bring everything back. I carried the tripod and camera for half the time. 
Our teacher explained a little bit to us about the camera and tripod before leaving 
class. Our teacher also instructed us more on how to dump all the footage onto 
the computer and into a new folder. We finally were able to start recording for our
commercial project. Before we left the class we grabbed our props to use in the 
commercial.  We left the room to start looking for our locations we used in our storyboard.
My group and I talked about a few ideas before recording. 

  Our first location was the library stairs, my job at that moment was to help with the 
angles. I helped my group member time with his running on the stairs so we have 
enough footage in our commercial. After that we were gonna include a volleyball
scene and of course that requires a volleyball so we used it as our prop. I went to
get the ball while the members in my group were figuring out which angle to record 
at. After that, we were planning to walk across the school to the senior patio but first
we went back to class to get more props like our books, binders, and journals. We 
arrived at the patio. It was my time to be recorded so my partner recorded me and 
my two other friends were in the video. The commercial focuses on Nike clothing like 
clothes and shoes so we started each clip with a close up of the shoe. We walked
across the patio as a clip. Finally we went to record one of our members running on 
the track. Our last scene was just a clip of our shoes.

  To summarize, the day went pretty smoothly and better than expected. We 
we still might want to record some more next class period just incase, to get the right 
footage at the right timing. We made sure each person was in the commercial for
it to be equal. We want to try to edit the best we possibly can to get a good grade 
when scored. I'm glad to be working on this commercial project with a good group. 
I also like this project because it teaches me more about camcorders and 
videography. We have dumped our footage into a folder already so next class we 
start to edit. Together we will learn how to properly edit for our commercial. I find this
class interesting because its not like any other class in my school. I am excited to 
learn more about this subject throughout the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment